Thursday 26 March 2015

FRANKENSTEIN ring & NOSFERATU ring

Sometimes we get a question like...
What are the most challenging pieces you have ever made ?
There is not one and single answer, but it would be guess to say
that "FACES" or one might call portraits is definitely up there on the top of the list.
When I started making the FRANKENSTEIN ring. I worked on it for a long time, but the more time I spent on it the worse it got.
So in frustration , I simply clamped it in a vise and with a hammer and destroyed it.
I immediately started again from scratch and spend many hours
on the new design.When I thought it was nearly finished.
I looked at it closely and had to come to the conclusion it looked
more la Cliff Richard ( No offense to Sir Cliff) than Boris Karloff,
Frankenstein,
So this second prototype met the same fate as the first one.But I did not give up, more time and more patience was required, It eventually look like the classic figure of Boris Karloff
While I was on a roll , NOSFERATU became my next project.
So here they are, Available in store or online for more PORTRAITS/FACES ring designs
http://crazypigdesigns.com/en/30-rings-faces

No comments:

Post a Comment